In health care, the meaningful use and proper maintenance of health records is a top priority. Heathcare IT provides health care professionals with a secure and effective way to maintain adequate patient care, by the use of electronic health records.
With the meaningful use of patient electronic records:
- You will have quick access to complete and accurate information about your patients. The information will be available to you, when and where you need it. Frequently in the event of an emergency, the patient’s health care is delayed while records are being retrieved and reviewed. With electronic records, your patients will be given the appropriate care, without any unnecessary delays.
- This system will help you to better manage the care of your patient, as all records will be kept organized in a single area. A great deal of time will be saved when you can easily pull your patient’s records, without having to go through multiple papers and files.
- Your medical office will have the ability to share patient records using the Internet, in a timely manner versus the delay experienced when using mail or fax. Your patients will have access to and be able to easily share their medical information with family members and other professionals. Patients will feel more connected and will be comforted by the fact that they have access to their personal records.
- Electronic records will also greatly assist you in reducing medical errors. When using paper records, the possibility of making errors is quite high. However, with the use of electronic records, the opportunity for mistake is drastically reduced.
- This is the most cost effective way to store your patient records. Electronic records will greatly reduce the enormous cost associated with keeping paper records and files for each of your patients.
As a medical provider, you will find that the meaningful use of electronic record keeping, will prove to be a great benefit to you and your patients. Health IT is here to help you better manage your patient care, by providing a safe, secure, time effective and organized system.